Philosophy, Theology, Food, Life.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Love


     We all know that love is a feeling and that love is also an action. But what happens when love cannot be felt and the actions are not accepted? Is there another place for love? This is something I am trying to process through during this period of my life. I know that I have been called to love and to love everyone but I am not sure how to flesh out this call in certain situations or with certain people. So this is me trying to process through a new view of love because I am starting to realize that love has to be a mentality. 

     Thanks to Peter Buckland I have been in the practice of reacting in love whenever I someone has hurt me or upset me. This has taken over more than just my reactions toward someone. When you start forcing yourself to react in love it softens your heart. You start, I started, feeling love for others even when I had been wronged. I lost the power to be truly mad and to hate.  I am starting to realize that it has also started making me think differently. This is what is making me realize the mental side to love.  Love is becoming the source of my thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions. It takes over. 

     Love being mental helps me see that love is a characteristic, meaning that it becomes a part of you.  When the moment passes and it comes to processing you can’t escape who you are, I can’t escape loving. When I think of love being a mentality I can start to see the feelings and actions that are supposed to take place under that mentality.  It is somewhat an umbrella characteristic for a lot of different characteristics fall under it: patience, kindness, hopefulness, trust, perseverance. This means that while I might not be feeling love or being able to show love through actions I can live to be who I have come to be.  This helps me cling to who I am when I am undergoing hard times and hurt. When I think and act in love I win because I get to be who I am and who I am intended to be. I am still processing this but it is bringing me comfort to understand love.

2 comments:

  1. You inspire and amaze me. You are wise beyond your years. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) so THIS is where all that went! yay!

    ReplyDelete