Philosophy, Theology, Food, Life.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Yearning for Learning

     Tomorrow starts a new semester. For this I am very glad. I am yearning for it among many others things. I am yearning for the heat of summer, exploring, Europe, writing books, studying minds, the culture of NYC, reading, South Carolina family, those I love in Texas, and GRAD SCHOOL. I yearn for so many things right now. I think this is why I haven't written in so long, I haven't known how to process all of this. My mind has been going crazy. I want to do so much, to be so much, to teach so much, and to learn so much. Yet all tomorrow brings is a new semester. My new year.


    I know it is the 17th of January and not the 1st but it sure doesn't feel that way. Tomorrow is my New Year because it signifies so much more to me than the 1st of January did. Tomorrow my thirst will be filled for a new year to learn about God and life. It is my new year of January 18th that marks my resolutions to learn for my Lord, my spirit, and to learn for His world. I will cut out some of the selfish desires of my life. This doesn't mean sweets or soda but to learn so I can be used by God. This is my resolution to give my education to Him.  I can feel my crazy unruly spirit start to settle and realize this. I love learning and my spirits yearning is starting to calm. It knows something good is coming, the new year.


    Learning means so much to me. It is truly what continuously feeds the fire of my spirit. Learning here at Ozark is what drives me to love people and serve God. My spirit can feel the nourishment coming and the yearning is starting to calm. It is strange how I know I am about to be on fire and yet that is what calms me. So while I might not get to have the yearning for Europe or exploring filled tomorrow, my yearning spirit is content. It is happy knowing that my new year starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Enjoy every minute of your new year....I love you!

    ReplyDelete