Philosophy, Theology, Food, Life.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beautiful Dorm

     There is something beautiful about dorm life. The constant flow of learning, loving, and growing is beautiful. Living with 90 girls means the emotions are high, the feelings are raw, and our hearts learn to live not individually but as a whole. The dorm is beautiful. Radios are loud, laughter is vibrant, and the smell of perfume can be overwhelming. The dorm is beautiful. The girls next door are fighting, someone is crying over a boy, and freshmen are having breakdowns over exegeticals.  The dorm is beautiful. We don’t just live together. We love together. We break together. We fight together and then we grow together. The dorm is beautiful. 

     I love being an RA. Being a part of the dorm as a leader has brought so much beauty to my life. The dorm is beautiful and I now see that all the time. This year has been hard, challenging, upsetting, but nonetheless  that has made it beautiful. Every difficult conversation has led to beauty. Things do not stay hard but we grow. As an RA I have tried to help the girls grow, but as an RA I think I am the one who has grown the most. It has tested me in so many ways, but the many different tests’ lead to many different blessings. I simply love it. Leading conversations for devos, sharing life with girls, staying up until wee hours of the morning with girls who pour their hearts out; it is beautiful. I pray that I will get another year to be so blessed by a beautiful dorm full of beautiful girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment